Monday, April 19, 2010

Knitting - Stricken

Yes, I know, its kind of strange but I started up knitting again. The last time I knitted was about, oh well, to many years to count but sometimes back when I was 12/13 years old. A group of young moms are knitting at our weekly play group and I thought I join in for a good cause (we are knitting baby blankets, prayer shawls, blankets for anyone who can use them).
I went and got a set of needles, wool and off I went. I couldn't believe how instantly all the info on how to knit came back to me (ok, I needed help with increases and decreases, but otherwise, I was impressed). I've been enjoying it so far.
Oben sieht man 1/3 von dem Schal/Umhang an dem ich gerade arbeite.
This is part of a prayer shawl I am working on.

Ich weiss, ihr denkt euch wahrscheinlich "was ist denn jetzt los mit ihr" aber ich nach etlichen Jahren wieder zum Stricken angefangen und es macht mir sogar spass. Ich hab mir Set Nadeln besorgt und natuerlich Wolle und war ganz ueberrascht wie schnell ich wieder wusste wie es geht (wie beim Radlfahren, das verlernt man auch nie).
In unserer Donnerstag Spielgruppe sind mehrere Muetter die alle stricken und wir machen jetzt alle gemeinsam Umhaenge, Babydecken, Schossdecken etc fuer Leute die sie brauchen koennen. Find ich ganz nett.
Das weiss, blau, braune Stueck ist nur ein kleines Quadrat, alle Quadrate werden dann in eine Decke zusammengefasst (Patchwork) und hergegeben.
This is one of the squares I made. All the squares made by whomever are going to be put together into a big blanket for people in need - pretty cool.

No comments: